Yoga 4 Change
Empowering individuals facing barriers to life success with the health and wellness benefits of mindfulness-based Yoga.
Mindfulness-based Yoga is an practice within which we are encouraged and guided to access and develop the natural abilities of our mind/body connection (such as awareness, concentration, and our ability to calm and heal ourselves). By attending to bodily sensations, breath, thoughts, and emotions in a non-judgemental way, we are better able to access our own wisdom as we address the reality of daily life and respond to its challenges from a place of inner and outer balance and stability.
Increasing health and wellness in ALL communities by:
- Expanding access to high-quality, mindfulness-based yoga instruction
- Expanding awareness of the benefits and value of mindfulness-based yoga practices
- Creating a diverse and highly qualified yoga teacher pool to provide yoga instruction that is specialized, accessible, and culturally relevant to ALL
Core Beliefs & Values
- Health and wellbeing are the cornerstones of empowered living and the effective pursuit of happiness.
- Mind/body practices promote health and wellbeing
- Individual wellbeing is the building block of healthy, vibrant families and communities.
- Empowerment requires the direct transmission of knowledge and practices, providing the opportunity for self-selection and ownership of the tools best suited to each individual.